Which version of Varnish to install?

Magical Wonders myles at magicalwonders.com
Tue Mar 14 20:51:05 CET 2017

On 14/03/2017 18:58, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:--------

> In message <7e1b8433-5024-5930-147e-969b286a1166 at magicalwonders.com>, Magical W
> onders writes:
>
>> My machine is running CENTOS 6.8 x86_64 virtuozzo. From searching around
>> it looks like version 4.1 of Varnish would be the one to install?
> I'm obviously biased, but I would tell you to wait a couple of days
> and then install the 5.1 release we're rolling tomorrow.
>
> (Or clone our github repos and get a headstart! :-)
Hi Poul,

Thanks for the advice on that. I'm happy to wait a couple of days! :-)

I'll probably be asking my host if they will install it for me. I'm OK
with the front end stuff, but not so knowledgeable with the server side
of things. Having said that, from what I can see, installation looks
fairly straightforward? :-)

I have a couple of other questions before proceeding. Is it preferable
to ask them using separate subject lines?