h2 in 5.1.1 and jsessionid cookies ?

kokoniimasu kokoniimasu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:26:06 CET 2017

Hi,Christian.

#sorry I forgot add ml-list...

Are you manipulating cookies in Varnish?(set, get...)
Some browser send several cookie header by H/2.
Probably in order to make HPACK compression more effective.
you may want to use std.collect.
I added the this VCL in my environment.

sub vcl_recv{
  if(req.proto ~ "HTTP/2"){
    if(req.http.cookie){
      std.collect(req.http.cookie);
      set req.http.cookie = regsuball(req.http.cookie,", ","; ");
    }
    if(req.http.content-length){
      // temporary...
      // https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/issues/2247