Any way to invoke code from VCL after a request has been serviced?

Ryan Burn rnickb731 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:20:28 CEST 2017

I don't see how that could work. The context for the active span needs
to be injected into the headers of any backend requests. The headers
need to be modified from the varnishd process, right? And you can't
inject a span context unless the span has been created, so I would
think a VMOD would have to start the span as well; then since the
OpenTracing API to specify other properties of the span requires
acting on the object returned when you start the span, those would all
need to called from the VMOD.

Also, none of the OpenTracing API functions should block for very
long, if at all. The more expensive work such as uploading the tracing
data would happen in a separate thread.