Unexplained Cache MISSes

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Wed May 31 16:49:24 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:06 PM, Nigel Peck <np.lists at sharphosting.uk> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll look at that to make sure. The situation is, if I purge an
> object, and that request is restarted in vcl_purge, it is by definition the
> same object, is it not? Since it is the exact same request. So what I'm
> saying is, about 10% of requests that I purge, receive a HIT on the restart
> of that same request.
>
> It's not because of intervening requests and I've not made any changes to
> vcl_hash, so it's a very simple hash that isn't being changed before the
> restart in vcl_purge.

It is possible that while the purge is happening another client
requests the same object and once the purge restarts into a GET or HIT
it gets a hit from the other client's request.

Grouping logs (by session or request) might help better understand
what's happening. I haven't read this thread in details. Also please
keep the list in CC.

Cheers,
Dridi