using varnish4 for HTTPS wordpress site

Navneet Kashyap navneet.kashyap at webners.com
Fri Nov 3 07:30:09 UTC 2017

Hi

I was using varnish-cahe (open source) for my wordpress website, it was
running well when its on HTTP only, but when i turn it to HTTPS its giving
me error message when testing status using plugin in wordpress i.e. *Varnish
HTTP Purge*
Error: This request cannot be performed: cURL error 60: Issuer certificate
is invalid.

please check the screenshot also.
[image: Inline image 1]

Currently the flow is like this:
client--> HTTPS request--> AWS load balancer --> Varnish--> apache2.

we are using self-signed certs for backend authentication settings in
AWS-load balancer, and using AMAZON provided CA-certs (using certificate
manager)

Note: Is this possible in varnish-cache software (open-Source) or else we
have to buy varnish-cache plus software (Paid Version). or we have to busy
CA-certs for that domain. ?

kindly guide us.

Thanks and Regards

Navneet Kashyap
Sr. System Administrator - Webner Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Web - www.webnersolutions.com <http://www.webners.com/>
[image: Zoho Development, Salesforce Development, Web and Mobile App
Development] <http://www.webnersolutions.com>