Question about an LRU error

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Fri Nov 17 15:10:07 UTC 2017

Hello James,

Varnish hit the lru limit, meaning it delete N objects to make room for the
new one, and decided it was enough. N is called "nuke_limit", you can
change it at launch time using the -p switch.

If your objects are indeed very diverse in size, it makes sense to have
multiple storages, one for small content, and another for larger content.
That way you won't need to go through a million objects to push a new one
in cache.

--
Guillaume Quintard

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM, James Mathiesen <jmathiesen at tripadvisor.com