why default_header part of vrt_backend is removed in varnish 5

Prem Kumar n.premkumar.me at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 05:49:04 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I'm using default headers specific to backend type in 3.1. For example
backend 1 ,backend2 where default header for backend1 will be "xyz" and
backend2 will be "abc".
Now I don't find a way to add these headers in bereq. because I don't know
what is the backend chosen and value should be added for a header is like
adding multiple if else condition in the vcl_backend_featch. Looks like if
i have more number of backends ,it will not scale.
Please any could explain why this is been dropped in 5 and how could it be
handled?

Thanks,
Prem