Varnish 5.2.0 child panic

Hugues Alary hugues at betabrand.com
Wed Nov 29 18:11:56 UTC 2017

>From the github bug report, it seems the bug was reported against 5.1 and
4.1 is not affected (the reporter went back to 4.1, from 5.1).

@Guillaume, was "4.1" a typo?

As for the possible resolution for this, it seems a patch was indeed
written and merged in master, in which case I will wait for the next
release and upgrade.

I don't think there's any real solution to avoid this bug until the next
varnish release, but, if there is, I'd love to know since this happens
quite regularly on my end.

Thanks!
-Hugues