Optimal way to handle Vary on User-Agent

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Fri Oct 13 12:31:19 UTC 2017

The user-agent is an abomination and needs to die.

Now, with that being said, I would rewrite the UA header, just to make sure
the backend doesn't use the original information.

You can have a look at https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-devicedetect
for a vcl solution. Other solutions exist, obviously.

--
Guillaume Quintard