Handling HTML5 Video for iOS and Safari clients

info+varnish at shee.org info+varnish at shee.org
Mon Sep 18 14:48:52 UTC 2017

>>> No, we kind of have a major release this week, I don't have time for
>>> much. But if I had to bet I'd blame the h2 feature.
>>
>> Thanks for the answer. Looking forward for the next release :-)
>
> Did you try playing videos using HTTPS without enabling h2? As of 5.2.0 it is still experimental.

Yes, that is what I have deployed now. Without h2 enabled it works as expected
(hitch; alpn-protos = "http/1.1). Doing so I lose a bit of site performance but
the functional requirement playing media is higher scored.

Right now rolling 5.2.0 packages, just to stay current (h2 stuff seems to be untouched).

--
Thanks
Leon