How to install Varnish 6.0 on Ubuntu 17.10 or 18.04

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Wed Apr 4 15:21:07 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Winkelmann, Thomas (RADIO TELE FFH -
Online) <t.winkelmann at ffh.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to test http/2 of Varnish 6.0 on Ubuntu. So far I managed to install
> the varnish packages from package cloud as described here:
>
> https://packagecloud.io/varnishcache/varnish60/install#manual-deb
>
> Also varnish is starting but it is crashing as soon as I’m using my existing
> config. It will include the vsthrottle VMOD which seems not to be installed
> on the system.

Careful with words like "crashing", you'll skyrocket our blood pressure :)

> How can I get the Vmods for Ubuntu? I tried to download it from here
> https://github.com/varnish/varnish-modules but the compilation failed with
> thousands of errors.
>
> Is there any documentation?

We have yet to produce a release compatible with Varnish 6...

Do you see these errors when building from the master branch? If so,
and if you have a github account, please open an issue. If you don't
have a github account please share compilation errors from the master
branch.

Cheers