vcl broken after upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Tue Aug 7 13:27:10 UTC 2018

Hello,

our varnish vcl is broken after upgrading from 4.1 to 5.0 but i can't
find any documentation hint and i also do not find any solution.

The old varnish conf uses std.collect to concatenate alls Set-Cookies
header from the backend.

Then does a lot of "magic" using regsuball.

At the end it uses the following Code to split the header into multiple
headers again:

rebsuball(cookies, ", ", {"
Set-Cookies: "})

{ allows \n / new lines so every new line starts with Set-Cookies: do
have multiple Set-Cookies headers.

This does not seem to work anymore with 5.0 the Set-Cookies Header is
still a one line. I was also not able to find the opposite of
std.collect to split the line again into multiple headers.

Thanks!

Greets,
Stefan