redirect url and banning

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Mon Feb 19 12:57:15 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:21 PM, Miguel González
<miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es> wrote:
> On 02/16/18 10:21 PM, Miguel González wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I have changed an URL from:
>>
>>   https://www.mysite.com/word1-word2/
>>
>>   https://www.mysite.com/word3-word2/
>>
>>   and changed my .htaccess accordingly.
>>
>>   I have successfully banned www.mysite.com/word1-word2 without the
>> ending / but not with / ending using:
>>
>>   ban req.http.host ~ www.mysite.com/word1-word2
>>
>>   and
>>
>>   ban req.http.host ~ www.mysite.com/word1-word2/
>>
>>   So option without ending /, 301 redirect works but with / doesn´t.
>>
>>   I have googled around but I haven´t found any solution.

None worked, it was probably a coincidence that one appeared to work.
The host header should only contain the authority, so the ban you are
looking for is rather:

    ban req.http.host == www.mysite.com && req.url ~ /word1-word2/?

That should take care of both cases in a single ban.

Dridi