Health Check on different port

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Tue Feb 20 14:25:57 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Goswami, Naveen, Springer SBM DE
<Naveen.Goswami at springer.com> wrote:
> Dear Varnish-Team,
>
> First of all I would like to congratulate you for such an awesome product.
>
> We wanted to send traffic directly to go-routers, which require us to send
> traffic to service port 80, but, do the health-check on port 8080. As doing
> the health check on port 80 is deprecated on go-routers.

You should reach out to Geoff (CC'd) as he's actually part to see
whether he or UPLEX could make oob_probe compatible with 5.2.

According to https://varnish-cache.org/vmods/ they can provide
commercial support for this module.

Otherwise one option is to have your own "probes" (or monitoring)
running outside of Varnish and use the CLI to set the backend heath,
for example via varnishadm.

Dridi