Can I separately run VCC Compiler to peek into its output?

Arvind Narayanan arvind at cs.umn.edu
Wed Jan 31 19:46:42 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am trying to understand your source code, more specifically in
understanding what kind of files are generated by the VCC compiler.

If I understood correctly, /lib/libvcc/generate.py is used to generate vcl.h
/ vcc_obj.c, etc. Can I separately run a VCC program to convert say a
sample.vcl
to its corresponding varnish-based *.c files?

If not, are there any alternatives for me to understand the internals?

Thanks,
Arvind