Memory utilisation gradually increasing

FULLER, David FULLERD at parliament.uk
Fri Jul 27 13:04:47 UTC 2018

Hi Dridi,

Thank you for your response, we do not have any cron jobs or schedules set up.  Is there a way to check the number of VCLs currently loaded?

thanks

On 26/07/2018, 16:26, "Dridi Boukelmoune" <dridi at varni.sh> wrote:

    On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:05 PM, FULLER, David <FULLERD at parliament.uk> wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Am I correct in thinking that even though we’re not using Varnish for
    > caching, objects are still stored using malloc?  We have malloc set at
    > 100MB, with 1GB allocated to the Varnish container.  Based on the docs
    > you’ve linked to should we set malloc at 750MB (75% of the container memory)
    > and could this be the cause of the memory problem we’re seeing?

    Are you reloading VCLs in your container? Loaded VCLs contribute to
    the memory footprint but that's usually negligible. However we've seen
    setups where cron jobs or similar means would schedule reloads on a
    regular basis whether or not the VCL actually changed on disk, leading
    to thousands of loaded VCL. And that could look like a leak with the
    memory footprint gradually increasing.

    Dridi

UK Parliament Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. This e-mail address is not secure, is not encrypted and should not be used for sensitive data.