Limits in xkey module usage ?

Carlos Abalde carlos.abalde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:11:50 UTC 2018

Hi Oliver,

I'll let the creators of the VMOD talk here, but I think the only limit is the space needed in order to keep the in-memory data structure indexing the cached contents.

If you link an object to a lot of keys you might hit varnishd limits like max number of headers or the max length of a header. On the other hand, if you link a huge number of objects to the same key, that's not a problem at all, but you might experience some thread contention during invalidations of that key due to the associated locking required by the VMOD.

Best,

--
Carlos Abalde