reg: not getting ReqAcct tag in varnishlog

Hardik hetardik.p at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:07:07 UTC 2019

Hi Team,

I am not getting *ReqAcct* tag in vanishlog. From this tag I am reading *total
bytes* served.
As this tag is not present we are loosing billing. Out of 100 Requests 90
requests I am not getting ReqAcct tag.
Mostly this problem have seen for mobile requests but not all time.

*Error cases when ReqAcct is not present in varnishlog*

1.

-   VSL            timeout

-   End            synt

2.

-   VSL            store overflow

-   End            synth

3.

Pastebin

   1. -   VCL_return     deliver
   2. -   Timestamp      Process: 1548350435.479732 0.000604 0.000604
   3. -   RespHeader     Connection: keep-alive
   4. -   Debug          "Hit idle send timeout, wrote =
293944/20534511; retrying%00"
   5. -   Debug          "Hit idle send timeout, wrote =
91224/20240567; retrying%00"
   6. -   Debug          "Hit idle send timeout, wrote =
149144/20149343; retrying%00"
   7. -   Debug          "Hit idle send timeout, wrote =
165072/20000199; retrying%00"
   8. -   Debug          "Hit idle send timeout, wrote =
85432/19835127; retrying%00"
   9. -   Debug          "Hit idle send timeout, wrote =
233128/19749695; retrying%00"
   10. -   VSL            timeout
   11. -   End            synth

Is it any change require regarding this? can we change any tunable
parameter ? any VCL flow change can help ?

Thank you
Hardik