Reg: exact field for response time

Hardik hetardik.p at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:14:03 UTC 2019

Thanks Geoff.

It cleared my doubt. Means Both fields in 3 and 6 are same ( Agree with you
that its not always).

"At the risk of repeating the answer that you didn't like, timestamps in
Varnish 6 give you three values"
*This line made my day...*

One question now ..
what time should give to customer as a response time? Is it 2nd field(Total
round trip time) or 3rd field(only response time after processed fetched
content) ?
       Timestamp Resp: 1501601912.806787* 0.048125* *0.000037*

Reason of asking this question is, Only first time request will go to
origin. After that next all the request will be served from cache. Also
generally we do not have control over other network (customer's network)
when request goes to origin. As per this understanding, I should give 3rd
field to customer as per response time. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again Geoff.

-Hardik