Reg: backend 'name' in VCL before going to origin

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Wed May 29 22:50:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

man vcl is your friend. I believe what you want is "bereq.backend"

Also, you could just write: std.log("using backend: " + bereq.backend)

note that bereq.backend will return the unresolved backend, meaning that if
backends are inside a director, you'll get the name of the director, since
the backend choice happens between v_b_f and v_b_r. To know what exact
backend was used, you have to check in v_b_r.

cheers,
--
Guillaume Quintard