Varnish intermittently returns incomplete images

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Fri May 8 17:34:17 UTC 2020

Hi,

Do you have objects that are sensibly smaller that your images in your
cache?

What you are describing sounds like LRU failure (check nuke_limit in
"varnishadm param.show"), basically, on a miss, varnish couldn't evict
enough objects and make room for the new object, so it had to truncate it
and throw it away.

If that's the issue, you can increase nuke_limit, or get a bigger cache, or
segregate small and large objects into different storages.

--
Guillaume Quintard