Varnish Cache 6.0.7

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Thu Nov 12 16:29:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Almost a week ago, we released Varnish Cache 6.0.7, this is the latest
entry in the LTS series. As expected, the changelog (
https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/blob/6.0/doc/changes.rst#varnish-cache-607-2020-11-06)
mainly contains bug fixes, making the release even more robust, but it also
contains a couple of treats like vmod_shard supporting weighted backends
and the new "pid" command for varnishadm.

You will be able to find packages for this release on the usual
packagecloud page: https://packagecloud.io/varnishcache/varnish60lts
However, you will see something unusual here: we have added support for
RHEL/CentOS 8, Debian Buster and Ubuntu Focal.
We usually don't add support for new distribution once a series is started,
but we are making an exception for LTS as we don't want to encourage people
running it on EOL'd distributions.

We have also pushed the Official Docker images here:
https://hub.docker.com/_/varnish
Note that the underlying Debian image switch from Stretch to Buster as the
Stretch image won't be maintained anymore.

Kind regards,

--
Guillaume Quintard