varnish crush every 30 minutes in high pressure

Hauke Lampe lampe at hauke-lampe.de
Wed Sep 30 20:52:48 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-26 12:39, Hamidreza Hosseini wrote:

> Im using varnish , before i hadn't any problem in varnish but today after crushing my dns (I fixed it now) and in high pressure , it
> restart whole machine almost every 30 minutes

It could be this: when the filesystem that contains the shared memory
files comes under I/O load, communication through the shared memory can
stall.

I'd recommend putting them on a tmpfs/RAM-disk (and/or modify the
"dirty-background-bytes" system setting so the OS doesn't accumulate
large amounts of dirty cached data).