Varnish and AWS ALBs

Justin Lloyd justinl at arena.net
Thu Aug 19 21:39:03 UTC 2021

Hi Guillaume!

It looks like you and Carlos are both correct. For some reason, before I was not seeing the Varnish XFF values from faked XFFs, not sure why, but now I’m seeing the fakes I’m using against one of my dev sites and I’m seeing the three values where it’s FAKED_IP, REAL_IP, ALB_IP. So with a little bit more VCL code (or probably easier once I move to Varnish Enterprise next year), I should be able to handle this. I’ll give it a whirl and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Justin