Varnish Dynamic Page Caching & Cache Purging vs Nginx+Redis

Tom Anheyer | BerlinOnline tom.anheyer at berlinonline.de
Wed Jul 28 09:47:57 UTC 2021

Hello,

Varnish provides ESI (Edge Side Includes). By using ESI you can split your pages in static parts (cachable) and dynamic parts (not cacheable). Each ESI can be cached with different rules. In my opinion, it makes no sense to use redis as an HTTP cache. I see the task of redis mainly as an object cache in the backend.

tom