Is there any "try catch" functionality in VCL? If not, how to handle runtime errors in vcl_init?

Batanun B batanun at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 17:04:18 UTC 2023

Just to explain my concern a bit. The worst case scenario in production, that I very much would like to avoid, could look something like this:

1. Something happens with our public key, so that Varnish won't be able to start after getting the new faulty key. Already running servers will continue to run, but no new servers can be initiated.
2. Before we have been able to fix the problem with the public key, some other problem happens in Varnish, and all running Varnish servers dies.
3. We end up with no working Varnish servers running, and not being able to start any new ones.
4. All our websites are down.