Varnish 2.1.5 released
kristian at varnish-software.com
Thu Jan 27 14:40:00 CET 2011
We are pleased to announce Varnish 2.1.5, a bug fix and feature release
in the Varnish 2.1 series. The most notable changes are:
* Two bugs relating to Content-Length and possible duplication of
Content-Length headers have been resolved.
* Support for bourn-like "here"-documents in the command line interface,
allowing <<__EOF__ and similar schemes.
* Fixed an issue with re-using connections after Chunked-Encoding.
* Fix a bug that would inflate the "lost header" count and could cause
problems during heavy traffic over a single connection, typically seen by
* Use the time of cache-insertion for "If-Modified-Since" requests if a
"Last-Modified" header isn't provided by the backend.
* Merge multi-line Vary and Cache-Control headers from clients, which
Google Chromium seem to split up.
* Various build fixes and documentation improvements
* Various bug fixes.
This is a summary of the changes, please see the changelog for a fuller
The release can be downloaded from
Kristian Lyngstøl, on behalf of the Varnish Developers
More information about the varnish-announce