Alteon detail

Anders Berg andersb at vgnett.no
Sun Aug 20 00:04:15 CEST 2006

Btw,

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?
query=tuning&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.1-RELEASE&format=html

is good for finding out what can be wrong. I read alot of good hints
there.

kern.ipc.somaxconn, net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive,
net.inet.tcp.inflight.enable,

might be worth trying out as one of them states:

"The default value of 128 is typically too low for robust handling of
new connections in a heavily loaded web server environment.  For such
environments, we recommend increasing this value to 1024 or higher."

Ab