Alteon detail

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Aug 20 00:20:18 CEST 2006

In message <DFDBE5F2-600D-4691-9F0E-E36037175039 at vgnett.no>, Anders Berg writes
:

>is good for finding out what can be wrong. I read alot of good hints
>there.

yes, it's a good source of wisdom.

>kern.ipc.somaxconn, net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive,
>net.inet.tcp.inflight.enable,

somaxconn does not seem to be an issue, we have no listen queue
overflows according to netstat -s, but we can try to tweak it.

always_keepalive is on by default and we should probably yank
the timeouts waaay down (15 sec + 8 * 5 sec) or something, but
it's certainly not our trouble right now.

I'm not sure the inflight stuff will help us, we have no
signs of memory starvation.