Future plans

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jul 8 22:05:08 CEST 2006

In message <ujru05sav7b.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgra
v?= writes:

>> In addition to all of this, there is the Linux portability, documentation
>> and test-harness tasks, but I sort of hope they will be mostly in
>> Dag-Erlings area ?
>
>All of that is my responsibility, and I still have about half my 1.0
>budget left (not sure about the exact numbers because our timesheet
>software sucks, I'll have to figure it out manually)

Speaking of this, how hard would it be to build a simple test setup
which uses netcat as both client and backend ?

Something like:

testone () {
	varnishd -b localhost:8081 -T one_req &
	nc -l 8081 < $server_resp > $server_req
	nc localhost 8080 < $client_req > $client_resp
	wait
	diff $server_req $server_req_ref
	diff $client_resp $client_resp.ref
}

Since we control the server document, we don't get into trouble
comparing Date: headers.