Illustrations for Varnish
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen
ssm at linpro.no
Fri Jul 21 12:44:56 CEST 2006
I have re-made some of the illustrations from the Varnish presentation
and added those to the repo. If you'd like more illustrations, I can
make those, but I'd need to know what would be useful.
Illustrations can help people understand Varnish from different
perspectives. I was thinking of a few illustrations on each of the
* Technology perspective - illustrations that describe the logic, or
the flow of internal traffic. What happens to a request.
* Sysadmin perspective - illustrations that describe how Varnish
behaves on the server(s) it is installed on.
* Network perspective - illustrations that describe how Varnish
interacts with the world around it.
Of course, there is some overlapping here...
And then we have:
* Security perspective? (service availability is "security")
* Perspective of enterprise level buzzword compliance - Leveraging the
potential of dedicated open-source well-modulated horizontal
architecture to enable quality-focused control over mission critical
business-enabled infrastructure elements. Or someting. :D
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro
More information about the varnish-dev