Illustrations for Varnish

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen ssm at linpro.no
Fri Jul 21 12:44:56 CEST 2006

I have re-made some of the illustrations from the Varnish presentation
and added those to the repo.  If you'd like more illustrations, I can
make those, but I'd need to know what would be useful.

Illustrations can help people understand Varnish from different
perspectives.  I was thinking of a few illustrations on each of the
following:

* Technology perspective - illustrations that describe the logic, or
  the flow of internal traffic.  What happens to a request.

* Sysadmin perspective - illustrations that describe how Varnish
  behaves on the server(s) it is installed on.

* Network perspective - illustrations that describe how Varnish
  interacts with the world around it.

Of course, there is some overlapping here...

And then we have:

* Security perspective?  (service availability is "security")

* Perspective of enterprise level buzzword compliance - Leveraging the
  potential of dedicated open-source well-modulated horizontal
  architecture to enable quality-focused control over mission critical
  business-enabled infrastructure elements. Or someting. :D

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro