Website material (New thread)

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Sun Jul 23 09:25:55 CEST 2006

"Anders Berg" <andersb at vgnett.no> writes:
> "Dag-Erling Smørgrav" <des at linpro.no> writes:
> > OK, let's try to have the static site running on varnish.linpro.no by
> > the end of the month.
> That's a simple copy job. A bit worse if you mean that all the content
> should be done :)

Don't worry about the content, that's my responsibility.

>                   I was thinking of registering a domain this week, we
> talked about some at one stage or another, I am gonna check their
> awailability.

I think varnish.linpro.no should do for now, don't you?

>               Also we need to find a small CMS system for the website.
> Open for suggestions, remember this may also have to live on server at
> Linpro, and the forum software.

Linpro has a close relationship with eZ Systems, so eZ Publish is a
natural choice from my point of view.  I can set up a test site that
you and your designer can play with before we go live.

> Okay, I understand what, and why, you and Poul-Henning hold against
> forums. As developers, mailinglists are the best way to communicate. The
> situation is a bit different for many possible users. I see 2 ways to
> solve this for the benefit of both groups.

I understand, and I may keep track of the forums in an initial phase
to help them gain momentum, but in the long run I'd prefer not to be
involved.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav