error auto-restart problem..

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Sep 17 11:09:50 CEST 2006

In message <450C9C42.2050809 at litespeedtech.com>, "xing at litespeedtech.com" write
s:

>Pushing vcls failed:
>CLI communication error
>unlink /tmp/vcl.XXqufVqH

I have just committed a change to make sure we get the error messages
from the child in this case.

If you can reproduce it I'm very interested in what it said.

>[...] Likely result of me running 2 instances on the same server.

I'm not so sure.

But regarding the multiple-instance thing:

I think my inclination is that each instance of varnish gets a
user chosen "identifier".  The only requirement I have is that
it can be part of a filename (ie: no '/' etc).

You will of course have to specify that identifier to all programs
that need access to the shared memory.

Is that workable ?