x-forwarded-for

xing at litespeedtech.com xing at litespeedtech.com
Mon Sep 25 20:11:20 CEST 2006

Did a google search right after the email and realized my mistake. They
are equivalent.

RFC 2616, section 4.2:

    Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name MAY be
    present in a message if and only if the entire field-value for that
    header field is defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)].
    It MUST be possible to combine the multiple header fields into one
    "field-name: field-value" pair, without changing the semantics of the
    message, by appending each subsequent field-value to the first, each
    separated by a comma. The order in which header fields with the same
    field-name are received is therefore significant to the interpretation
    of the combined field value, and thus a proxy MUST NOT change the
    order of these field values when a message is forwarded.

Xing