Move re test method into libvcl

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 13 01:06:21 CEST 2008

On 12 Apr 2008, at 19:19, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Your patch breaks the convention that compiled code only calls VRT_*
> functions, you need to keep a VRT_re_test() wrapper around for that
> reason.

I'm not sure that's breaking that convention - the call chain is in
vcc_regexp and it's a test before generating the C for the compiled
vcl binary. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "compiled
code" in this case - I think that you mean that any generated C from
vcl should only call VRT_* functions, which this patch doesn't change,
as it's a validity check before code generation occurs.

I looked on http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/DeveloperResources
but didn't see a mention of this convention - is there another place I
should be looking so that I can understand the coding conventions of
the project?

Paul