Caching issue

Shain Miley smiley at npr.org
Sat Mar 8 00:06:02 CET 2008

I did run varnishlog from the command line without any arguments...it
could not reach the webserver because I turned it off...I was hoping to
setup varnish in such a way that if the webserver fails...varnish will
keep serving pages.

For example: if user A requests index.html and varnish caches it...then
5 minutes later user B requests index.html (and varnish still has it in
the cache) then it should just serve up the file..without ever going to
check the backend.  I know that it might not be the number one intended
use for varnish...but that is what I am trying to do...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Shain