cache_acceptor_poll.c oddities (Solaris)

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Tue Mar 11 12:04:25 CET 2008

"Jyri J. Virkki" <jyri at virkki.com> writes:
> Starting varnish (current code from svn) on Solaris, without any
> requests I see it sits there with one thread using up all of 1 cpu,
> stuck in a poll loop (per truss).

The poll code has seen very little maintenance or testing lately, simply
because there are better alternatives on all the platforms we officially
support.  Theo Schlossnagle has an acceptor implementation that uses
Solaris event ports; you may have more luck with that than with poll.

In any case, thank you for the patch; I will commit it as soon as
possible.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav