r4097 - trunk/varnish-cache/lib/libvarnish

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Aug 5 11:12:51 CEST 2009

]] Dag-Erling Smørgrav

| Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at redpill-linpro.com> writes:
| > which is not particularly useful.  Previously, it would report the svn
| > revision number as well.  Can we revert 4097 and 4096, or would you
| > rather implement it in another way?
|
| I sent you an email a long time ago explaining why this was wrong, and
| gave you adequate time to respond before I committed.  Amongst other
| things, it breaks the build on non-GNU platforms,

This was fixed in r4014.

| and it doesn't work with releases, source tarballs, or trees checked
| out with 'svn export' instead of 'svn co'.

Make distcheck disagrees with you.  If you have a situation where it
breaks, can you revert the merge locally and send me the build log?

(Sure, it'll say: «varnishd (varnish-trunk SVN eksportert)», which is
useless, but I don't see that as a reason to revert the merge, it's
still useful in the case where people build from a checkout.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!