r4097 - trunk/varnish-cache/lib/libvarnish

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Aug 6 12:09:53 CEST 2009

>I sent you an email a long time ago explaining why this was wrong, and
>gave you adequate time to respond before I committed.  Amongst other
>things, it breaks the build on non-GNU platforms, and it doesn't work
>with releases, source tarballs, or trees checked out with 'svn export'
>instead of 'svn co'.

I think we have to call a time-out on this one.

I originally asked to have the SVN version in there, and if not exactly
in those words, then by intention of "just like FreeBSD does it".

I certainly don't run a GNU platform and I have not had problems with
the code, so I would like it back, until a better solution, which
will be very welcome, is offered.

Poul-Henning