behaviour when client drops the connection?

Rob Halff rob.halff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:15:22 CEST 2009

Stuart, pages taking 1 hour to load is an application design problem.
You should use http to show results not to trigger a one hour request
and let the user/client wait for it.

You could generate a code instantly to confirm the request is being processed.
And let the client check, using this code, whether the request is done
every minute or whatever time interval you choose.

If the request is not based on user parameters, you could use cron to
generate the result page.

Gr.
Rob Halff