Proposal/specs for backend conditional requests / aka "GET If-Modified-Since" (GET IMS))

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Tue Oct 5 08:38:42 CEST 2010

]] "Poul-Henning Kamp"

| 	Cache lookup.
| 		Find valid in-ttl object -> vcl_hit
| 			Find valid in-grace object -> vcl_miss (with obj.*)
| 			Find nothing usable -> vcl_miss (without obj.*)

How would this look in the VCL and VCC?  Do we have a skeleton obj.*
that's just marked as invalid in the case where we don't have anything
usable?

| Comments ?

Sounds reasonable to me.  I'm sure there are details and snags and all
that, but the high-level picture looks fairly reasonable.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software