It's possible to have dinamic backends?

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at varnish-software.com
Fri Sep 10 15:29:47 CEST 2010

Hi Nils,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 01:53:57PM +0200, Nils Goroll wrote:
> An alternative is the VSLP director I have written. I haven't published it yet,
> as I have quite a lot of open tickets with patches I proposed, and I don't see
> much value in preparing patches if the core developers don't have enough
> resources to review them. The director is ready, I am using it in production on
> a high traffic site.

we couldn't help but notice a slight frustration in your mail ;)

I notice that you do indeed have some patches that has gone a bit stale in
trac. I suggest you join us on the bug squash, typically on monday 13:00
CET in #varnish-hacking on irc.linpro.no, if you can.

Failing that, you should post them to the -dev mail list and re-post if you
don't hear a reply. I'll skim through the patches in trac by monday, but
I'm not promising anything though.

We usually go through tickets by activity roughly each week. That means
that old and inactive tickets is likely to remain old and inactive. The
best way to get a response is:

1. Join us on IRC, specially #varnish-hacking during bug-washing
2. Keep the ticket alive with updates
3. Post the patches to the varnish-dev list - until you get a reply
4. If all else fail and you still don't get a response, mail phk or myself
   directly.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

- Kristian