Documentation bugs

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Wed Aug 17 10:08:55 CEST 2011

Hi Ask,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Ask Bjørn Hansen <ask at develooper.com>wrote:

> I tried logging in to my trac account; but it was too hard.
>
> On https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/reference/vcl.html the vcl_fetch
> documentation is listing 'pass' as a valid return.  Looks like it's missing
> being updated to pass_for_hit.

Fixed.

On https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/upgrade.html the
> std.log examples are missing ()'s.

Fixed.

> On the same page it'd be nice if the "beresp.cacheable is gone" section had
> an appropriate example of how to test for !beresp.cacheable.  beresp.ttl <
> 1s ?  beresp.ttl == 0s?  Or?

If anyone has a confirmed example I'll be happy to push it in.

In the varnishlog man page the documentation both says "-o is ignored" and
> then later has an explanation about how -m is ignored when -o is used.

Fixed.

Thanks, Ask.

--
Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer