Values for obj.* when obj == NULL in vcl_recv // Re: Proposal/specs for backend conditional requests / aka "GET If-Modified-Since" (GET IMS))

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Fri Feb 11 12:04:16 CET 2011

Hi phk,

> 			Find valid in-grace object -> vcl_miss (with obj.*)
> 			Find nothing usable -> vcl_miss (without obj.*)

Now that we (finally) got to the point to actually implement this part of the
backend conditionals, the following question pops up: As obj.* may or may not
exist in vcl_miss, what should the various getters (vrt_r_obj_*) return for (obj
== NULL)? While I think returning the empty string for STRING attributes
(obj.proto, obj.response) should be OK, I don't see what the "undefined" value
for an integer (obj.status, obj.response, obj.hits ...) or a duration (obj.ttl,
obj.grace, ...) would be.

Could you please advise?

Nils