Values for obj.* when obj == NULL in vcl_recv // Re: Proposal/specs for backend conditional requests / aka "GET If-Modified-Since" (GET IMS))

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Feb 11 13:08:52 CET 2011

In message <4D5517B0.404 at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writes:
>Hi phk,

>Could you please advise?

Just for the record, we talked about this on IRC:

We should have a BOOL variable allowing "if (stale_obj) {" tests
and that if the object is accessed anyway, it returns:

	stale_obj.status == 503
	stale_obj.ttl = 0
	all strings NULL

Further more, we add IMS to the bereq.http and if you do not want
to ask your backend for IMS, you remove it in VCL before return(fetch).

We may keep stale_obj.* around until vcl_deliver, so that it can
be fallen back to in case of fetch failure.