Proposed restructuring of http_conn and where the data is stored

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 22 20:19:55 CET 2011

In message <20111121224046.C37583 at ishtar.drwilco.net>, "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" w
rites:

>What about decoupling the workspace instead (or maybe as well)? That way
>the workspace can be released (back into a pool) at the end of a request,

Yes, this is an aspect we should look at too.

If the session workspace were only alive during request processing, the
need for the worker workspace mostly disappear, at the cost of a larger
"request workspace"

There are some nasty corner cases with ESI & restarts to consider.

Not sure this isn't a 4.x thing.

Please make sure to put this in a Future_* wiki page.