Supported Platforms for Varnish 4

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Tue Mar 18 17:16:45 CET 2014

Hi,

we'd like to inform you about one result of today's Varnish Developer Day, see
https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/VDD14Q1 (currently undergoing editing,
so expect frequent updates until 2014-03-19):

We've agreed that the following platforms should be "officially" supported with
the next Varnish major release 4.0. Supported in this context means that builds
from source tarballs should be possible without error provided that all
requirements are met on the respective platform:

* Debian wheezy, jessie
* Ubuntu 12.04 + 14.04
* RHEL 6
* FreeBSD 9 + 10

Platforms we aim to support

* Solaris-descendants: OmniOS, SmartOS Joyent Zones, Oracle Solaris

Cheers, Nils