Patchwork sunsetting.

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Tue Nov 3 10:43:23 CET 2015

Hi.

We've been running an instance[1] of the Patchwork system to track
patches sent to -dev at . As Poul-Henning mentioned in an earlier mail
here, it has never really worked well for us.

Trying to track down a reason for us running Patchwork, I'm being
told it was to avoid patches being sent to -dev@ and forgotten about.
Our current future plans involves a pull request based workflow on Github,
and that should fulfill the requirement nicely.

Patchwork will be shut down as of Monday November 9th 2015.

As suggested by Poul-Henning, the plan is to do a final review of the
patches in there on bugwash that Monday. When that is done, I'll shut
it down.

To save us some time on Monday, please take a look at the list and close
off any patches you have there that is merged/rejected/completed in some
way.

1: https://www.varnish-cache.org/patchwork/project/varnish-cache/list/
--
Lasse Karstensen