Assertion failure in VCL_DelBackend()

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Nov 16 21:46:30 CET 2015

--------
In message <5649F931.8010206 at uplex.de>, Geoff Simmons writes:

>>> I'm sure I wouldn't do that by creating and then destroying a
>>> struct director every time. Of course the API can be open for
>>> unforeseen ideas, but in this case it seems like a real stretch.
>>
>> Agreed, deleting a struct director carelessly could lead to
>> dangling pointers in other transactions.

You guys are seriously missing my point here.

The point is that we should make it simple and safe for a VMOD
to say:

	Here is a director, please destroy it when...
	[  ]	This transaction is over
	[  ]	This VCL becomes cold
	[  ]	(Any other which might make sense)
	[  ]	I'l take care of it myself

And the reasone we should make it easy is *EXACTLY* to not hav
dangling pointers etc.