Renewed (temporary) commitment to Jenkins (Was: Re: Continuous integration moves to Travis CI)

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Tue May 3 17:21:52 CEST 2016

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 09:34:34AM +0100, Lasse Karstensen wrote:
> I'm changing continuous integration system for Varnish Cache to the
> online Travis CI system. (https://travis-ci.org/ )
[..]
> This also means that we will sunset the Jenkins CI instance that Varnish
> Software has been running for the project. Basis for this is the same as
> before, shifting priorities and no time to maintain it.

Hi all.

Varnish Software will run Jenkins and configure it for Varnish Cache CI
jobs until the end of 2016.

CI builds of master can be found here:

    https://jenkins.varnish-software.com/view/varnish-master/

This is a reversal of our previuous statement, done to keep our
development efforts focused on H2. For our needs Travis works very well,
I don't expect this to change. Please don't take this extension as
something that will be renewed indefinitively.

I hope interested members of the community will consider volunteering
effort to keep Varnish running on their platform, by assisting in
implementing the new CI system proposed in VIP5[1].

I'm available if anyone has questions, here or offlist.

1: https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/wiki/VIP5%3A-Remote-test-run-reporting-facility
--
Lasse Karstensen
Varnish Software AS